This Is How It Is....

Thursday, June 29, 2006

...he can't scream forever...

So, as I sit here, I hear the what seems like never-ending screams of my 3 year old son. First and foremost, I must say that he is all out spoiled. My daughter is also. But, I'm not sure if that is to blame for the current screaming. Sometimes when he wakes up or gets woken up, he'll scream and wail and cry for what seems like forever. He'll say some things during this rant and rave, but I can almost never understand what he is saying, aside from "mommy," "daddy," and "leave me alone." So, he fell asleep on the couch at about 7:30 or 8:00. Too late for a nap, but somewhat too early for him to be out for the night. Anyway, I go to move him into a more comfortable position...so he doesn't fall off the couch or wake up w/ cramps or somethin in his neck. And, what is the thanks I get??? The previously mentioned screams. Well, I've tried to reason with him. Tried to tell him to calm down. Tried to lay down w/ him. Offered him various alternatives, and still - the screams are continuing. So, I tell him I'm through. Through with trying to come to some sort of an agreement with him. This seems to upset him, as the screams have grown louder and even more, if possible, obnoxious. As of right now, I am trying my best to ignore him, and not let him know I can hear him. And here I am, this is what has brought me to blog. I have decided to write until he stops. So, right now, we're at about 20 minutes of continuous screams. *sigh* Life is good. What could be better? A screaming child in your ear with the wonderful background noise of HGTV. "Divine Design," to be more specific. That Candace lady is awesome. My child now wants me to look at him, so lets see what happens from here. Okay, the verdict is in. He wants me to hold him. Now he wants to love me. Okay, fine...I'm giving in. But, I must say that this will put him back to sleep and I can be on my merry way to finishing up my show in peace. Good night, and good luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home